Registration for 2024 Season
Please read the information below very carefully before completing your registration. By clicking on the “Submit” button below you are confirming you have read and understood the instructions and Conditions of Membership (by ticking all 5 condition statements below) and also the 2024 WGUK Rules & Regulations – which are available to download via the Downloads tab on the Education menu.
– If your organisation has more than one unit then a separate registration is required for each unit.
– Registration should be made by 1st November 2023 and should indicate the Class you wish to enter (please note that World Class is only available to 2023 World Class units or Open Class units who scored 85+ at the 2023 Championships) and also indicate which contests you will be attending .
– Entries must include the Stoke contest in January, one of either Warrington or Wivenhoe in February and one of either Burgess Hill or Leeds in March. Entry into more contests than this is encouraged but not mandatory.
– If, after 1st November 2023, any contest is deemed to be under subscribed then the WGUK Board may decide to remove that contest from the schedule and if that contest was the only one you entered in that month you will need to choose another contest in that month to be eligible to perform at Championships.
– Following 1st November 2023 show entry details will be released to units and you will have until 30th November 2023 to confirm or amend your show entries.
– From 1st December 2023 if you withdraw from any contest then there is a £50 penalty (to be paid before your next contest) plus a 2 point penalty (20 tenths) which will be deducted from all scores at subsequent contests including Championships.
– From 1st December 2023 if you wish to enter additional shows then your unit will be placed to perform first in their class at the additional show/s entered.
– All performing members names and dates of birth need to be registered and forms will be made available for this purpose.
The performance order for the January contest will be determined by the date in which a fully competed and confirmed registration is received and then a random draw of each days registrations. To confirm your registration you will be sent an invoice, after 1st November, covering the MPA:UK and WGUK Member Fees and the Contest Entry Fees and you will have 14 days to send payment. After 14 days, if no payment has been received, your registration will be deemed expired and you will be required to re-register.
– The performance order for the February and March contests will be seeded after EVERY contest taking the average of your previous two scores (one score initially following the Stoke contest January).
– The performance order for Kids Class Finals, Cadet Class Finals, Junior Class Prelims and A Class Prelims, Open Class Prelims and World Class Prelims will be seeded by taking the average score of each unit from their previous two contests.
– The performance order for Junior Class Finals , A Class Finals, Open Class Finals & World Class Finals will be seeded by taking the scores from their respective Prelims contests. All Open & World Class Guards plus, if numbers allow, all Junior & A Class Guards progress to their respective Finals. If registered numbers do now allow a suitable schedule on Championships Day for all Junior & A Class to perform twice then we will need to revert to only 50%, rounded up, of Junior & A Class moving through to Finals – the decision regarding this will be made as soon as we know the number of units registered in those classes – so potentially early December 2023.
Staff passes can be ordered as follows:
1 unit = up to 6 passes
2 units = up to 11 passes
3 units = up to 15 passes
4 units = up to 18 passes
5 units = up to 20 passes
6 units = up to 21 passes
These passes will not be unit specific – i.e. all passes will just be for your organisation and not specific to which Class.
MPA:UK Membership Fee:- £50 per organisation* Payable within 14 days of invoice
WGUK Membership Fee:- £100 per organisation* Payable within 14 days of invoice
Contest/Championships Entry Fee:- £10 per performing unit per contest entered (minimum requirement of 3 to be entered ) and £20 per performing unit for the British Winter Guard Championships. Payable within 14 days of invoice
Performing Members Fee: £15.00 per performing member
Staff Members Fee: £15.00 per person
No performing member or staff registrations will be accepted after Sunday 3rd March 2024.
* The MPA:UK and WGUK Membership is only payable once per annum per organisation
WGUK reserve the right to photograph and record performances for use in DVD production, promotional work (inc website, social media and yearbook/programmes), UK Fan Network and other mediums as approved by the WGUK Board.
If you have any queries then feel free to contact us.